As the year draws to a close, so too does the Yarn Forward project. Well, that is, we think it does. The beautiful covering consisting of knitted contributions from all over the world has astoundingly stretched its way around over three quarters of the first floor banister rail at Manchester Craft and Design Centre.
And the individual pieces of your handiwork have raised so much interest, wonderment, marvel and positive feedback that the Kelda and Kate and all the residents from the Craft and Design Centre want to see it completed. Everybody there loves it!
So, we’ll let you know what happens. Yarn Forward into 2010? Lets see…
ArtYarn have been so inspired to work on this project; in constant awe of the overwhelming amount of creative contributions we have received. Humbled by every piece, it’s amazing how a simple guide of a 40x7cm strip, can be interpreted with such imagination, skill and love.
We hope we have been adept enough in crediting everybody who has taken part in this project and provided you with pictures that have well represented your work.
It is with abundant gratitude that we thank every contributor for their superb submissions.
And having installed a further sixty strips this week we have a few more people to mention…
- Pamela Vose from Manchester
- 2 strips by Kelda Savage from Manchester Craft and Centre
- Lisa Freeman from Atlanta, USA
- Danette Devlin from Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- Joanna Lewis from London
- 3 colourful strips by Elaine Frankonis from Massachusetts, USA
- Hilary Keefe from Longton, St Lukes
- Sue Stone from Sheffield
- Mavis Plant from Penshaw, Tyne and Wear
- Victoria Sheppard from Althrincham
- Steph Phillips from Creative Crochet & Fibre Art (hookandscumble.blogspot.com)
- Jenni Hird from Wigan
- 4 strips Kate Day from Manchester Craft and Design Centre after her mum taught her to knit again.
- Sophie Cunningham from Levenshulme
- Jean from Bury
- Rosemary Marshall from Bury
- Delia Barrington from Bury
- 2 strips by Penny Savage from Sutton-In-The-Elms, Leicestershire
- 2 strips by Jenny Rowley from Broughton Astley, Leicestershire
- 3 strips by Mrs B M Drabble from Prestwich, Manchester
- Birgit Erwardt from Garbsen, Germany (www.rosenduft-und-maschenzauber.blogspot.com)
- 2 strips by Suzanne Barr from Hadleigh, Essex
- 2 strips by Helen O’Donnel from Cheadle Hulme
- Alison O’Donnell from Cheadle Hulme
- Jackie Griffiths from Chester
- Sylvia Bulley from Newport South Wales
- 4 strips by Sue from Sutton-on-Sea
- 3 strips by Lynn from Sutton-on-Sea
- Felicity Criddle from Hove
- Amy Hultum from Chester
- Jill Pendlebury
- 2 strips Tricia Stokes
- 2 strips by Ann Pilling
- Sue Highland
- Sue Holden (sorry ladies, we don't know where you're from)
- Roger Newton from Withington, Manchester
- Bev Speight from Manchester
- Rita Mori from Hulme, Manchester
- Delia from Didsbury, Manchester